At Yankee Candle, we want you to experience the maximum enjoyment and pleasure from our candles. We take great pride in making them using only the finest quality ingredients and materials. However, it's very important that you burn candles responsibly to ensure their safe use. Please follow these guidelines to keep Yankee® candles a bright and beautiful part of your life.
All Candle Styles
- Remove all packaging before you light the candle.
- Trim the wick to 3mm (1/8") before lighting, and keep trimmed at all times while burning.
- Always use an appropriate holder placed on a protected, heat-resistant surface.
- Keep wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches or any foreign matter - this is combustible material and may cause a fire hazard.
- Burn candles indoors, away from drafts, other heat sources, and any flammable objects or materials.
- If smoking occurs, safely extinguish the candle with a Candle Snuffer, trim wick, remove trimmings and relight.
- Keep burning candles within sight at all times.
- Do not move candles while they are lit.
- Handle with care; glass containers are fragile. Avoid glass to glass contact when removing or replacing the lid. Do not use if cracked, chipped or scratched. Do not refill with wax.
- Do not allow the flame to touch the side of the jar. The jar may become hot. Handle carefully.
- To minimize wax left on the sides of the jar, burn 3 hours at a time; it is normal for some wax to be left, the amount varying per colour, fragrance and burning conditions.
- Prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface by discontinuing use when 12mm (1/2") of wax remains.
- Extinguish carefully before replacing the lid.
- Place one or more Tarts® in a Tart® warmer and light the unscented Tea Light beneath. We advise to only use Yankee Candle® unscented tealights which will burn with a low controlled flame.
- To change fragrances, leave your Wax Melt to cool and then gently pop it out with the lower half of your palm. Also you can heat your Wax Melt for under a minute and this will pop out with ease. Then with a dry cloth gently remove remaining wax.
- Yankee Candle® Electronic Tart® Warmers can also be used with Tarts® Wax Melts. Use the same as a traditional burner but without the tealight. Perfect for no fuss home fragrancing.
- Our scented tealights are designed for a single use burn.
Candles are sensitive to light and temperature, so be careful when storing them for any extended period of time. Avoid colour fading, melting or cracking by storing candles in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight or fluorescent light. Storage temperature should not be allowed to exceed 27°C or fall below 0°C. Exposure to moisture may inhibit relighting.
Should the mouth of a jar candle become blackened while burning simply extinguish the candle, allow to cool and carefully wipe the jar with a dry paper towel. To avoid such blackening keep the wick trimmed to 1/4" at all times.
Cleaning Spilled Wax from Tabletops, Fabrics, Etc.
We strongly suggest you seek professional advice from cleaning experts such as carpet cleaners or furniture refinishers.
- Large Classic Housewarmer Jar 110-150 hours
- Large 2 wick Tumbler, 70-90 hours
- Medium Classic Housewarmer Jar 65-90 hours
- Medium 2 wick Tumbler 40-50 hours
- Regular Tumbler 35-50 hours
- Small Classic Housewarmer Jar 25-40 hours
- Small Pillar 2.4" x 3.3" x 4" (6cm x 8.4cm x 10.16cm), 45-60 hours
- Large Pillar 2.4" x 3.3" x 6" (6cm x 8.4cm x 15.2cm), 65-80 hours
Samplers® Votive Candles
- up to 15 hours in an appropriate holder
- up to 6 hours each
Tarts® Wax Potpourri
- Approx 8 hours each