Please read these terms and conditions ("conditions") before using this website ("our site"). Check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our terms and conditions or privacy policies.Terms of Website Use
Accessing the Website
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
Information about you and your visit to the Website
Reliance on Information Posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Intellectual property and right to use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of our site shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. All such rights are reserved. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the our site is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the our site is strictly prohibited.
You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works or otherwise use in whole or in part any material, content or products obtained from our site.
Compliance with laws
Our site may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding our site and any transactions conducted on or through our site.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide increased value to our customers, we may provide links to other Yankee Candle online services or resources or third party websites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Terms Relating to Purchase of Products
For the steps you need to take to place an order on our website please see our FAQs. All orders are subject to acceptance in accordance with our order acknowledgement policy and availability. If the Product ("products") you have ordered is not available from stock you will not be able to place an order on the Website. However, if an order is accepted for which there is no current stock you will be contacted by email and will have the option either to wait until the item is available from stock or to cancel your order in accordance with our Cancellation Policy.
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from our site.
Order acknowledgement policy
Please note that your order will become a legally binding contract entered in between us upon despatch of your order.
Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Yankee reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. Yankee reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. All orders placed over £1000.00 (Inc. VAT) must obtain pre-approval with an acceptable method of payment, as established by our credit and fraud avoidance department. We may require additional verifications or information before accepting any order.
We reserve the right to reject any offer to purchase by you at any time.
Once you submit an order, we immediately prepare all stock items for delivery. You can cancel your order at any stage until delivery. If you would like to request the cancellation of an order, please contact us on 0845 0502623 as soon as possible, or email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please inform us of any cancellation at the earliest opportunity. If you are a consumer you have the right under the Distance Selling Regulations to cancel the contract within seven days of receipt of the goods and receive a full refund. To exercise this right please email email@example.com with details of the cancellation and return your order to us. If you cancel your contract in this way and the goods are returned we will refund any payment made when ordering, including your delivery charge, within 30 days of receipt of the cancellation. This right does not apply to customised candles.
Please see our Returns Policy for details.
Yankee stands by the high quality of all its products. Each product will have been inspected prior to packing. Damaged goods may be returned. Please see our Returns Policy for details. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to goods that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Conditions will affect these legal rights.
Description of products
All details and descriptions of products appearing on our site are correct at the time of input. Although we aim to keep our site as up to date as possible, the information appearing at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. The images of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images.
Our site contains a large number of Products. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products on our site may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the Products you have ordered we will contact you to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. Please note that if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
Please see Delivery Price & Rates for details of estimated delivery dates and delivery costs. The delivery times are estimates and from time to time may be effected by events outside our control for which we will not be responsible.
All prices are inclusive of VAT. You will receive an electronic confirmation of receipt of your order via email. Payment can be made by any of the specified Payment Methods. Payment is taken on despatch of the Products. Payment will be debited and cleared by Datacash online payment services.
You confirm that the credit/debit card that is being used is yours.
All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Yankee offers the following variety of payment methods:
- Visa Electron
Please be sure to provide your exact billing address and telephone number - the address and phone number your credit card company has on file for you. Incorrect information may cause a delay in processing your order.
Refusal of transaction
We reserve the right to withdraw any Products from our site at any time and/or remove, screen or edit any materials or content. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion.
We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from our site, whether or not that product has been sold; removing, screening or editing any materials or content; refusing to process a transaction or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
The eligibility to purchase products on our site is limited to those parties who satisfy our eligibility criteria. By making an offer to buy a product, you specifically authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to your credit card number or credit reports (including credit reports for your spouse if you reside in a community property jurisdiction), to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
Credit card security
All orders are 'encrypted' to ensure safe transmission to us. We utilise secure server software (SSL) through 3D Secure to ensure your information cannot be read as it travels over the Internet.
To be eligible to order products on our site and lawfully enter into and form contracts on our site under English law you must register by providing your real name, phone number, email address, credit card details and other requested information. Purchases on our site can only be made by those individuals aged over 18 years of age who meet these terms of eligibility, who have been issued a valid credit card by a bank acceptable to us, whose applications are acceptable to us and who have authorised us to process a charge or charges on their credit card in the amount of the total purchase price for any products which they purchase.
General Terms and Conditions
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this our site, or the use by any other person accessing our site using your user details.
Limitation of liability
The our site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no guarantees or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to our site, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through our site.
We make no representation or warranty that our site will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that our site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through our site.
Yankee will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for:
- any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- any special or indirect or consequential losses.
In any case whether or not such losses were within the contemplation of the parties at the date of the Conditions, suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any material under the Conditions. Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees nor for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Conditions, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
We intend to rely upon these Conditions and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the Contract between you and us. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these Conditions to be confirmed in writing.
The Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connections with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Online Gift Certificates (pages/giftcertificate)
Online gift certificates are used for online purchases and are currently available for Yankee Candle Europe purchases only on yankeecandle.co.uk. Online Gift Certificates are available in pounds sterling and euros.
An online gift certificate cannot be exchanged for cash. They are valid for 24 months from date of purchase. An online gift certificate will be despatched by email as soon as payment has been cleared. Yankee Candle Europe Ltd. are not responsible for any delays in sending the voucher. From time to time an online gift certificate may be caught in spam filters or other security arrangements. Once we have despatched the voucher it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure it can be received.
Prize Draw & Promotion Terms
Sign up to our newsletter and be entered into a prize draw to win a £100 online gift certificate. To enter the prize draw, entrants must sign up to the newsletter using either the bottom banner or the newsletter sign up page www.yankeecandle.co.uk
As of 1st March 2013, the prize draw has increased to £250 for all signups, until further notice.
- (the“Promoter”)of this prize draw is Yankee Candle Europe Ltd of Cabot Park, Poplar Way East, Avonmouth, Bristol, BS110YH.
The Prize draw shall take place on the 1st of every month that the prize draw is taking place, and the draw shall be made from new sign ups from the previous month Prize Draw open to UK residents aged over 16, excluding employees or an immediate family member of an employee of Yankee Candle or any other person who is directly connected with this promotion.
- To enter, you need to sign up for the Yankee Candle email newsletters and you will be automatically entered into the next available draw.
- Entry into the promotion is on the understanding and the acceptance of these terms and conditions. Any breach of these terms and conditions may result in a prize being forfeited.
- The Top Prize: one person will win a £100 online gift certificate. Entrants must be aware that in taking up the Top Prize, the winner is subject to the terms and conditions relating to Yankee Candle gift certificates provided at www.Gift Certificate
- No Purchase Necessary.
- Entries must be made via the website and are restricted to only one entry per person, per household. More than one entry or entry via third parties will not be accepted.
- The winners will be selected in a random draw conducted within 8 days beginning from the last day of each month and under the supervision of an independent promotional verification service.
- Winners will be notified by email within 14 days of the draw date and the prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days beginning the day after the notification is sent and/or made.
- No cash or other alternative in part or full will be offered in lieu of the specified prizes. Prizes are not transferable.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries which are illegible or lost or lost or delayed via technical problems. Proof of sending does not constitute proof of entry.
- The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage, costs or expenses (whether direct, indirect or consequential) suffered by a prize winner or others, as a result of prizes awarded under this promotion. The prizes are taken up at the prize winners own risk.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate the content of the promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel, modify or offer an alternative prize if, in our sole discretion, the prize is not capable of being issued.
- Prize winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity associated with this promotion.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and binding on all matters. Correspondence will not be entered into. Please retain these terms and conditions for future reference.
Opt In/Opt Out
If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails (e.g., emails regarding special offers) from us, please let us know by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Please be sure that your e-mail includes your name and address. You may also change your preferences at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each e-mail you receive from us. When you create and account or complete a feedback form or one of our surveys, you may opt-out of receiving promotional correspondence from us.
Summer 2013 Fragrances prize draw terms
Summer Fragrances Prize Draw 28th March to 30th April 2013. To enter, entrants must complete the prize draw form on www.yankeecandle.co.uk
The Promoter of this prize draw is Yankee Candle Europe Ltd of Yankee Candle (Europe) LTD
Cabot Park, Poplar Way East, Avonmouth, Bristol, BS11 0YH, United Kingdom] (the “Promoter”).
The 4 winners will be selected at random by an independent judge within 24 hours of the prize draw ending. Winners will be notified by email. The winners will then be privately messaged with details about how to receive their prize. We will give away 1 of each fragrance. The selection of the winner is at the judge’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter will provide each winner with an email address and phone number and each winner will be given a 5 day period to claim the prize. If within 5 days, the Promoter has had no contact from a winner then the Promoter has the right to have the independent judge pick another winner from all valid entries.
Prize Draw open to UK residents aged over 16, excluding employees or an immediate family member of an employee of Yankee Candle Europe Ltd, its parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person who is directly connected with this prize draw. Entrants agree that they have read and understand these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them. Only one entry per person. Any breach of these terms and conditions may result in a prize being forfeited. No purchase necessary. No cash or other alternative in part or full will be offered in lieu of the specified prizes. Prizes are not transferable. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this prize draw at any time. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel, modify or offer an alternative prize if, in our sole discretion, the prize is not capable of being issued. By entering the prize draw, entrants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include without limitation the entrant’s name and/or likeness, voice, photographs, biographical information and/or any statement made by them concerning the prize draw and/or the prize(s). Entrants agree that any or all such elements may be used by the Promoter in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Promoter in its discretion see fit.
2013 Yankee Candle March to A Million Golden Ticket Prize DrawOfficial Rules
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility Period. Participation is open only to people age 18 and over at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Yankee Candle International ("Sponsor"), and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies, and their immediate family members or individuals residing in their same household (whether related or not), are not eligible to enter.
- Entry Period. The prize draw begins at 12:00:01 p.m. BST on 11/04/13 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. BST on 24/05/13 ("Promotion Period").
- This prize draw is a separate prize draw to the March to a Million Golden Ticket Prize Draw being run by Yankee Candle in the United States.
- How to Enter. To participate in the March to a Million Golden Ticket Prize Draw during the Promotion Period either (i) follow the Facebook link to www.yankeecandle.co.uk ("Web site") and purchase one of our candles exclusively designed for this promotion and you will automatically be entered into the prize draw or (ii) fill out the entry form on www.yankeecandle.co.uk and submit it as directed. BEFORE YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE YOU MUST EXPRESSLY AGREE AND CONSENT TO ACCEPT AND ALLOW THE FACEBOOK APP AND BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND PRIVACY POLICIES. Sponsor's computer will be the official time clock for the prize draw.
- Random Drawings. One winner will be selected in a random drawing on 28/05/13. Prize is limited to one prize per person/household. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Notification. Sponsor will notify winners by email on or about the 28th May 2013. Sponsor is not responsible for delay or failure to receive e-mails for any reason, including but not limited to any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client, insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail, or winner’s failure to monitor e-mail account. Winner must respond within three (3) business days after the first attempt to contact him/her. If a potential winner cannot be contacted the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining entries.
- Prize & Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): Prize does not include any other items other than what is listed. Prize consists of a trip for two to Yankee Candle worldwide headquarters in South Deerfield, Massachusetts. Trip includes: roundtrip airfare (to a maximum value of £700 each), one (1) night hotel accommodation at a local hotel selected by Sponsor; two (2) night’s hotel accommodation in Boston (based on two persons sharing), an evening dinner for two at Chandler’s Restaurant; £200.00 to spend on a shopping spree at Yankee Candle Village and a gift bag; an exclusive meet and greet with Yankee Candle CEO Harlan Kent; and guided tours of the Yankee Candle Company factory and distribution facility. Total approximate retail value £2500.00 (but actual final value of trip will vary based on point of departure and airline ticket availability as applicable). Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary and must have valid travel documents (e.g. Passport). Trip must be completed between June 1, 2013 and November 30, 2013. Prizes are not transferable and may not be given, bartered, sold, or exchanged for cash or another prize. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion due to prize unavailability for any reason to substitute another prize of equal or greater value for advertised prize.
- Additional Prize Conditions: By Participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the prize draw. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, or for electronic, network or computer failures or malfunctions, damaged, delayed, incomplete, illegible, mutilated or misdirected entries, entries not received by the entry deadline, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in this prize draw, or other hardware, software or technical errors of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any material in connection with the prize draw. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the prize draw (or any portion thereof) if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the prize draw or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the prize draw as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. If the prize draw is so cancelled, drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. In the event a dispute arises regarding the specific individual entitled to receive the prize, entry will be deemed made by the authorized e-mail account holder. Authorized e-mail account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any damage made to the Web site will also be the responsibility of the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void all entries by such methods. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. Internet caution: Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this prize draw is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent of the law. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize by winner permitted. Non-compliance with this requirement, or if prize/prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate winner. The prize draw is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. This prize draw is in no way sponsored or endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. All information submitted by Entrants is provided to Sponsor and not to Facebook. All questions, comments, or complaints regarding this prize draw should be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
- 10. Release and Limitation of Liability. Entrants, by participating in this prize draw, hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless Facebook, the Sponsors, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, licensors, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives and agents, from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death, and /or property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any end good obtained with the prizes or their participation in this prize draw, or any prize-related activity. By participating in this prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules. Except where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, winners agree that Sponsor and its related and affiliated companies may use the winner's name, address (city, county), photograph, videotape, likeness, and/or prize information for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes and to the use of statements made by or attributed to winner relating to Sponsor, its related and affiliated companies or to this prize draw and grants to Sponsor, and its related and affiliated companies any and all rights to said use without further notice and/or compensation except where prohibited by law. Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, and a publicity release that, among other things, will allow Sponsor to use winners name, likeness, novice, opinions, tweets, and biographical information for publicity purposes without further payment or consideration where permitted by law.
- 12. Disputes: By entering the prize draw, entrants agree that 1) Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the prize draw, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; 2) Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the prize draw but in no event lawyers’ fees; and 3) Under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the prize draw, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any legal proceedings arising out of this prize draw or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in courts of England and Wales, and the parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction thereof with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these Official Rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- 13. Sponsor. Yankee Candle International, Cabot Park, Poplar Way East, Avonmouth, Bristol, BS11 0YH. Winner's List. Available after May 31, 2013
Money Saving Expert Promo Code May 2013
Offer valid with unique promo code as advertised on www.moneysavingexpert.com
This is a single use voucher and is limited to one per customer. Available for the first 300 customers. Valid until midnight on 16th May and online only at www.yankeecandle.co.uk . Promotional code is not valid in store. Free delivery valid for ONE UK delivery charge. Not available on orders outside of the UK.
The Promoter of this prize draw is Yankee Candle Europe Ltd of Yankee Candle (Europe) LTD, Cabot Park, Poplar Way East, Avonmouth, Bristol, BS11 0YH, United Kingdom] (the “Promoter”).